Google

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

MATERIAL

First things first, what you need to start up your doll:
- Cotton Jersey: (for the body) or any type of fabric that seems like the fabric of which T-shirts are made of. (white is ok, but you will need to dye the fabric, I dyed the fabric of my dolls with coffee,actually I would not recommend this, since at some point you will have to wash the thingy and the color will wash away, so if you find fabric in a suitable color for the skin, buy that one)
- Polyester Fiberfill: as needed, normally this is sold in kgs, is rather cheap, I bought 1/2kg and it was enough to stuff 5 dolls.
- Cloth and accesories: ok, here you can get creative, you can totally skip buying fabrics for the wardrobe, look around your closet and take your oldest shirts, tshirts, pants etc, those that are about to be thrown and use them.
-
Wool yarn (hair): you can use wool or that type of plush speacilly made for dolls hair, I don't know the name of it in english, so later i am going to post a picture of it. My dolls, have wool yarn hair, but if you want to trash your dolls, and sleep with them and use them as your pillows, you will have to use something that wont fall appart too easily.
- Acrilyc paints or Fabric paints: those are to paint the faces, if you are by now getting all stressed about how are you going to paint the face, relaaaax, just send us an email telling us who do you want to make as a doll, we will send you the graphics :)

-Cardboard: to make the patterns
-Chalk: to draw your patterns into the fabrics
-Needles and threads.


To all of you, I would really want to see your proyects, so when you finish them, please send us pics of them :) .

Magaly, WE NEED TO MAKE THE FREDDIE MERCURY ONE!.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! i wanted to know where to get the materials to make the dolls. i want to make a Green Day doll it would be great if you could tell me what website i could get the materials at!!

me e-mail adress is ALaNnA210@aol.com

Rockin' dolls said...

Hi Alanna! I hope I've helped! and hope to see your dolls soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! i want to know how to do the face..i want to do a Billie Joe in Green Day doll can you help me? ;) mi e-mail is: andersson.grp@telia.com

Anonymous said...

I'm going to make Tré!! I just need to buy the stuff.
thanks for sharing the materials, procedure, clothes pattern and the body.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add my e-mail address
it's: scooby-looby-loo@hotmail.co.uk nobody add me though.

Anonymous said...

hey,
I just found this blog and I LOVE sewing and making pillows and such.. and Im a huge fan of green day so when I saw this i literally went crazy! i want to make billie! so can ya please send me the graphics? my email is : smiley1506@hotmail.com , thanks

Anonymous said...

i am really bad at sewing...can u send me any patterns i will need to make green day

my e-mail:
orangeluva@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

hey for the king for a day billie what did you make the cape and crown of?

Rockin' dolls said...

They are part of an old red t-shirt and the white thing it's only cotton with some dots we made with marker, very poor actually hehe, but it looks ok. Same for the crown only that it has yellowish foil and the inside is made of cardboard. :/

kadiri said...

hi- I found your dolls on a green day fan page. today I finished my band. If you'd like to see: kadiri-kreativ.blogspot.com

but I think, yours are much mor great than mine. It's funny that I started sewing without haven seen your blog. After I finished Bille Joe, I found your blog

great- wonderful- thank you for the idea to make these dolls with so much love

Rockin' dolls said...

XD
awww I've just saw them, they are really nice, you've made the guitars and all!

Hey what if you add me to your links and I add you to mine's too? :D

link

Peru Blogs Blog Flux Directory Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
The Green Day Authority

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner